A couple weeks ago or so, I posted some cards using the Starving Artistamps Nativity set. I was playing with the set again this weekend and had a lot of fun!
One thing I really wanted to bring into the cards was color. The images on this sheet really lend themselves to making a scene – basically bringing the individual images together so they look like they make one. I was really amazed at the different stamps and how well they mixed and matched – totally fun!
Each card used only Ranger’s Adirondack Dye Inks with just a little Copic coloring on the faces and some Ritzy Ditzy Glitz Spray as a final touch. Here’s how I made the cards below:
1. Stamp the image using dye ink.
2. Using a water-filled brush, pick up ink from the dye ink pad and color the image.
3. After the coloring is complete, use a Duster Brush (similar to a stipple brush but much looser. A stipple brush will work, just watch the amount of ink you pick up with it) to add ink to the large areas around the stamped images.
4. Spray with Ritzy Ditzy Glitz.
5. Trim if needed and adhere to mat and card front. Voila!
Thanks for stopping by today!